Thursday, October 27, 2011

The future past.

I have always had the habit of imagining a place at different stages.  My biggest imaginings are from places where people are.  Slowly deconstructing the things we've brought...interstates...sidewalks...lights....trash cans...cars...buildings...labradoodles...taking them away one by one.  Always idealizing what this virginal world I was creating would be like...how peaceful, quite, lonely, beautiful, natural...correct.

But I think I am going to try and stop this.

Why?  Because it makes me bitter and bitterness is not the staircase that change climbs. If the world is going to transform into something closer to those ideals...admittedly my ideals and no one else's...then it has to hop on the hope-wagon.  Maybe the first step to having less roads is an innovation in trasnport...or city planning...or something yet unheard.  Maybe if we start sharing buildings more efficiently we can have fewer...what if we took some down.  Other countries fit way more people in smaller spaces.  Not saying we should, just that we could.  Would people walk to work if they could...or perhaps if they just thought the could? More passion is beginning to grow in my heart for changes to the positive, healthy, and new.

 Growing backwards is my new m.o.

No comments: